Friday, December 4, 2009

I've been thinkin about my doorbell, when you gonna ring it...

VERY early this morning, just about 4:30 am, I swear I heard our doorbell ring and it woke me up. I kind of freaked out. I don't think you ever experience good things ringing your doorbell at that time in the morning. At least you don't when you are all settled in and established.

I got out of bed and peeked out the bedroom window. I saw nothing. I listened very carefully. I heard nothing. I woke up poor Nathan to see if he heard it. He heard nothing. I refused to go downstairs to look out the peep hole. (by the way, we have two peep holes in the front door. Nathan and I differ in height by about a foot, so we installed 2 peep holes so he could see out of one and I could see out of the other.)

I figured only the following bad things could be ringing our doorbell:
  • A drunk person at the wrong house.
  • A murderer
  • A burglar
  • A vampire (Once you invite them into your home, they can come and go as they please. At least that is how it worked with old school vampires. These new sparkly vampires might work differently)
  • Zombies
  • Mummies
  • The Gestapo ("knock knock", "Who's there?", "The Gestapo", "The Gestapo who?" SLAP, "The Gestapo will be asking the questions.")
  • Police or Firemen with bad news about the death of my family.
I was nervous but I tried to convince myself that it was all in my dream and I went back to sleep. About two hours later I woke up in a panic. What if someone had orphaned a new born baby in a basket on my stoop and I didn't answer that door? That poor baby would have been freezing out there for hours. So, finally I mustered up the courage to check the front door.

There was nothing there. So, it was either a dream, or the monsters got tired of waiting and ran off to another house.

1 comment: