Thursday, June 10, 2010

What goes around comes around...even 25 years later

I had a wonderful childhood full of great memories. Many of these memories come from my years and Pierce Elementary. One memory is at the front of my mind because of a little incident from yesterday.

Yesterday I was training a class at work. Luckily, this class did not include any summer interns. Anyway, I turned around to face the computer. My butt was facing the class, when I let a little toot slip. I tried to pretend it was the sound of me clicking the computer, I hope that no one noticed.

Well, I probably deserved such embarrassment. The memory from Pierce Elementary rushed to my mind. All the kids were in the gym listening to a slightly overweight, yet very dignified, man tell us about the latest fundraiser. Right in the middle of his pitch, he farted. It was the loudest fart I have ever heard in my life. Maybe it was worse because it got picked up by the mic, I don't know. Anyway, at the same time, every single student figured out that the dignified man was the culprit, and each one yelled out "ewwwww" and scooted back two feet away from the fundraiser rep simultaneously. He was so embarrassed that he couldn't say a word. The vice principal had to get up in front of everyone to get them to calm down. I think the fundraiser rep had a hard time finishing his pitch after that. I hope that he didn't go home and cry.

Do you have any toot/fart stories? Did you ever call them barfing spiders? I did for a while after my cousin called them barking spiders and I didn't get it. I didn't get it for many years.

oh, and telling this story reminds me of a mini story:
Catherine to her young friend Kayla: "Do you know why they call them fun raisers? Because they raise the fun."
Kayla to Catherine: "No, it is a funDraiser."

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to you to cover the topics that are important. I actually do have a fart story that I'll share with you next time we are covertly having lunch somewhere.

    ReplyDelete