Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pinterest wants me to be a hoarder

 Buttons made by using type 6 plastic as shrinky dinks.

Sandwich holder made out of a milk gallon.

Wallet made out of orange juice carton.

I love to look at Pinterest, but they have a ton of ideas I would never do.  I look at their party favors or their fancy lunch designs and I wonder why I would ever want to do that.  I do love to find cool crochet patterns and recipes and a few other unique things out there but my real interest is limited.

Lately, I have found a gray area. This gray area consists of things that look easy enough to make, and might be fun, and can be made out of garbage.  I think Pinterest is using this gray area to turn me into a hoarder.  It started with the buttons.  It is kind of hard to find type 6 plastic.  It turns out it is used in cider mill donut containers.  So, I cut some out and when I get a ton of free time, I will try to shrink it down into buttons.  Sure, I don't need any buttons right now, but how cool to be able to make some.  I don't even want sandwich holders or wallets, but I want to see if I can make these myself.

All of a sudden, I am super tempted to pull these elements out of the recycle bin.  I am SO close to being THAT person who piles up trash around the house because I might make something out of it SOMEDAY.  That is how it starts.  OK, it starts with being messy.  Check.  I already have that.  Next I am stacking up milk, orange juice, and donut containers around the house.  Add a few dead cats and I am ready to be full blown hoarder and we have to sleep in a tent in the back yard because I have filled up the house with garbage.

Do you do Pinterest?  What is your weakness?  Do you actually do any of the projects?




2 comments:

  1. I can't answer your closing questions on the grounds my answers may incriminate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are in dead cat territory just yet.....

    I am a purger, so no Pinterest and collecting garbage hold no sway over me. Now, horrifying guilt because my children are going to grow up doing no crafts and having no cute lunches? yeah, I am all over that one. :)

    ReplyDelete