Monday, July 7, 2014

This one is a fashion blog - Flowy Pants

Leggings were or are all the rage.  I like leggings, but I don't have much room for them in my every day wardrobe.  I have already lived through one legging rage.  It was at that time that learned the rules of leggings.  There is mostly only one rule.  They are not pants.  They should be worn under something else that covers your butt so that people behind you can't see a fart bubble or something else.  My favorite way to wear leggings last time was to wear them under an oversized purple flannel shirt.  I looked SO cool.
 
The opposite of leggings is flowy pants.  Somehow I am finding these harder to wear.  I love them.  I love that they come in bold patterns and colors.  However, I am finding it very hard to figure out what kind of shirt to wear with them.  I googled flowy pants and found some examples.
 

 
Ummm, this look is not going to work for me, but I do love the pink flowers.

 
This one is not going to work for me either, but this is what I imagine I look like wearing flowy pants.
 

 
My friend left me this one on facebook, I think it might be getting closer to something I can actually wear.  I started out trying to wear a solid colored shirt.  This ended up looking a lot like pajamas.  While I was wearing my pajama look, I saw another woman walk by and she was wearing her flowy pants with her shirt tucked in.  Tucked in shirts are one of the big Catherine fashion no nos.  That might work if you have an itty bitty waist, but that is NOT my shape. 
 
I have decided to go with patterned shirts that are similar in color but not in pattern.  This is a little bit of a clown look.  I often don't follow traditional fashion rules, but I still feel I look good when I am out and about.  With this clown look, it took me a little more to get used to.  I kind of felt like people were looking at me funny.


 
However, I do have a very cool flowy pant dance that I do, and it made me realize I made the right fasion choice.


1 comment:

  1. If you got that dance, you have it all! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete