|Double click on the map to get a better look at all the locations.|
Instructions: Below are clues to interesting sites around the city of Detroit. As we walk around the city, the first person to figure out the clue for that area gets a point. (Since this was a bachelorette party, we used penis drink stirrers as points. That way we didn't have to keep track on paper. Whoever had the most penises won.) Once we figure out what we are looking for, we will NEED to take a mob selfie with it (mobfie) to document that we are having the time of our LIVES! If you have a really big group like we did, it is easier to have the person who figured out the clue take the picture. That way there are several pictures and no one is left out of all of them. As we hunt about for the specific locations, there are also a few bonus finds and some bonus tasks that can also earn you points. We will total up the points at dinner and see who deserves a prize.
We started at the Wheelhouse Detroit. Thinking back, it probably would have been smarter to rent bikes for our adventures, but it still worked out well with just getting ice cream there and scavenging around on foot.
1. Where "You spin me right round, baby, Right round like a record, baby, Right round round round" meets "Under the sea, Darling it's better, Down where it's wetter, Take it from me"
2. "You're a grand old flag you’re a high flying flag in forever in peace may you wave" oh wait, no, "Oh Canada…"
3. "There's a picture opposite me, Of my primitive ancestry, Which stood on rocky shores and kept the beaches shipwreck free, Though I respect that a lot, I'd be fired if that were my job, After killing Jason off and countless screaming Argonauts, Bluebird of friendliness, Like guardian angels its always near "
BONUS POINT: Anyone willing to run through the fountains gets a point! Double points if you are wearing white pants and a brightly colored thong.
4. "get a room" When Amy and Jerod want a romantic getaway they want the tallest hotel in the western hemisphere.
5. "I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it" A great way to get around the city, if all you want to do is go around and around.
6. I have spirit yes I do, I have spirit how bout you?
7. It's old, It's famous, and it sells hot dogs. Hint hint, Amy prefers her hot dogs to be very patriotic.
BONUS POINT: Anyone willing to taste a classic Detroit coney dog complete with chili, mustard and onions gets a point. Double points if you get a coneys from both coney islands and taste test the two.
BONUS POINT: Anyone willing to be recorded eating the coney dog while saying "I like to put wieners in my mouth" gets a point.
8. You gotta know when to hold um, know when to fold um, know when to walk away, know when to run. You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table. There will be time enough for counting, when the dealings done.
9. Where Hanging Tough meets Good Vibrations.
BONUS POINT: Anyone willing to make a video of singing or dancing to a New Kids on the Block or Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch song gets a point. Negative point if anyone says they don't know who NKOTB or Marky Mark is.
10. Amy knows that the only thing better than jungle rules volleyball is beach volleyball.
11. Row row row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, life is but a dream.
12. Is it a bus or is it a train? The city may never know.
13. We all know Amy is an amazing artist. Some artists use the city itself as a canvas.
14. "Say nice things about Detroit" "Detroit vs. Everyone" There are tons of fun sayings about Detroit. See if you can spot one.