Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Funny


I am an adult. Not only am I an adult, I am in my 30s, the oldest sister, a wife and a mother and with that you would think maturity would be inevitable.

I guess I missed the day maturity was handed out. The following are things that I should not find hilarious, but unfortunately I do.

  • I got a call from daycare telling me I need to take the baby to the doctor because his penis was swollen. On one hand, I was worried about my poor chazz’s privates, but on the other hand I couldn’t help but giggle when I called to make the doctor appointment.

  • I also couldn’t help laughing when my coworker told me to make sure the doctor checked his testicles to make sure they weren’t twisted. I am sure it is very serious if they are twisted, but the teenager inside me thought it was hilarious.

  • Seeing the site of little Chazzy chazz in agony when I picked him up from day care sobered me up for a little bit, but when he held my hand and walked into the doctor’s office with a diaper, but no pants on, again I had to snicker.

  • Things got funnier when I got him home and he diarrhea-ed in the bathtub.

  • They were funniest of all when I followed doctor’s orders and took the boy outside, naked, for 5 minutes so he could get some sun in the area where the sun doesn’t normally shine. I kept picking him up and aiming his crotch at the sun. Anything to help my baby boy. The doctor did advise that I had to be careful not to leave him in the sun so long that he got sunburn on his privates. For the record, Nathan thought I was making up the part where the doctor said we needed to take the baby outside naked. I only made up the part where he said we had to do it in the front yard.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no does he have a bad diaper rash? I hope he is feeling better soon. Can't wait to see you all the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does have a terrible diaper rash, so i know he is in pain. but he hardly ever gets butt rot, so it is a whole new experience for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes YES!!!! oh wait this was supposed to be a seriuos blog? Well, maybe you should move to a nudist colony. Then the boy would be all good. I am so glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hilarious, looking forward to following your blog. Poor little Charles (sorry....I like Charles) hope he feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! This is an awesome first story for your blogging "debut!" Keep the great stories coming!

    ReplyDelete