Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pin THIS!

A few weeks ago I ran across a blog that talked about melting crayons with a hair dryer. This gave me an idea. I was going to use binder clips to clip the unwrapped crayons to pizza circles. The result was to be amazing. I was going to do this to three circles and then stick them together to make wall art. It also got me thinking about what other cool things might be out there that I don't even know about. The idea lead me to join Pinterest.

My cousin Susan is on Pinterest and she always posts things on Facebook about what she made from Pinterest. The stuff she makes is amazing. I joined. So far, this is what I have made because of Pinterest. I have made a giant ugly mess. Not only did the crayons all flow together to make mud, but the melted wax splashed all over the floor and all over my pants. I think I will be able to fix the floor, but the pants are ruined.

I think Pinterest might be a problem for me because I don't like to fully follow directions. I like to get an idea and then make up the details myself. That was definitely the problem with this project.

The most recent idea I saw involved putting crayons into an old hot glue gun. Do you think that would make more or less of a giant mess? My mom is lucky I don't live at home anymore. I don't own a glue gun, but she has a lot of them and I can only imagine the amazing messes I could make by shoving crayons into them.

I have also been reading some parenting blogs lately. Maybe I will have my own blog of parenting/project disasters. Do you think I could get corporate sponsorship for such a blog? Perhaps paper towel or cleaning companies would want to pay me.

What are your most recent disasters of things you thought would be awesome?

ttyl, I am off to scrape melted wax off my floor with my fingernails.

1 comment:

  1. I joined last week too, because my cousin is on and she crochets the coolest things. However she taught me, and my crochet looks like a deranged serial killer with scissors for hands is learning to crochet.

    ReplyDelete