Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brandon - the new guy

Brandon is the new guy at work. He is great. Today he was hilarious.

Brandon, myself, our project manager, and our boss went to a meeting today to see a prospective client to get some new business. Towards the end of the meeting the following took place:

Prospective Customer: Where did my pen go? I know I had a pen, what happened to it.
Brandon: I have a pen if you want to use it to jot something down:
PC (taking the pen and looking at it intently): This looks like my pen.
Brandon: Nope, this is my pen, it is the only thing I brought with me.
PC: I don't know, it looks just like my pen.
Brandon: Wow, I guess we have matching pens.
(Boss looks around on the floor for the missing pen)
Brandon: Well you can have the pen if you want, I have more at my desk.
PC: That's ok.

We all went back to our desks and then the people on my team got an email from Brandon. He admitted that when he got back in his car, he found his pen on the passenger side seat. He did indeed steal the pen from the prospective customer. I guess we will all know who to blame if the deal doesn't go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment