Friday, September 11, 2009

Dry - Wet - Dry

I have two cousins named Joel. One is on my Mom's side of the family and one is on my Dad's. Recently I discovered that they have something very odd in common. Both of them (at least at one time in their lives) have regularly used wet wipes to wipe after going to the bathroom. I know that one of the Joels does it now. I am not sure if the other one still does, but I know he did when he was a teen. I was recently talking to the Joel who uses wet wipes now, and he has quite a system. He buys the special wet wipes that are flushable and when he wipes he uses dry toilet paper, then the wet wipe, and then dry toilet paper again.

I scoffed when I heard this detailed process. I couldn't imagine the expense and toilet clogging that must take place to make this process work. I was sure that some of the wiping could be eliminated.

I talked to Joel about this during a recent vacation. I was reminded of the conversation when I was in the 50's style hotel room alone with Charles. He took our lone roll of toilet paper and threw it into the toilet. He was so proud of himself when he did it. I had to fish it out of the toilet. It was super gross. I should have called the front desk and requested more toilet paper, but it was late and I was in my jammies. I didn't want to have to deal with all that. I looked around the room to find my alternatives. It just so happens that I had a full container of baby wipes. Not the flushable kind of course, but they were definitely made for wiping butts.

I won't go into detail, but I don't think I will be making the switch any time soon. However, in Joel's defense, I didn't give the dry-wet-dry system a chance. I only experienced the -wet- wipe system.

It did get me thinking though, I have a cousin that is also named Catherine. Do her and I have odd things in common?

Do you have any cousins with the same name as you? Do you have odd things in common? Do you use the dry-wet-dry method of wiping?

2 comments:

  1. No cousin and I share a name but when my mother was preggo with me her best friends sister was pregnant too. They both named us Jaime except he's a he and I'm a she!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they even both spelled the same? it makes you wonder if they saw a movie or something with the name and both fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete