Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The "My baby is so cute" blog

Every Labor Day weekend of my life has been spent at a family reunion campout near Grand Rapids at my Great Aunt's farm. This one was no exception.

The campout is always really fun, but now that I bring a toddler along, it gives me a whole new perspective. I no longer see the campout through the eyes of a teenager who would ride jet skis all day long. Now I see it through the eyes of a 18 month old. The last time we were at the campout, Charles could walk, but he wasn't really mobile enough to get into big trouble. He was just starting to explore the outdoors and he wasn't interested in getting dirty. Oh how one summer has changed things.

If awards were given out at the campout, Charles would have won the dirtiest toddler award. I wasn't ready for this. Sure, I packed him lots of clothes, but not nearly enough. The first surprise came when I let charles play in the water in his clothes and regular diaper and then I let him play in the sand. This led to a giant swelled up diaper and a baby butt covered in sand. I tried to change him, but my frustration must have been obvious to everyone. Baby wipes are no match for sand. To add to the fun, Charles hates laying on the grass, so he was trying to get away. My aunt Marie came to the rescue with a tub of water for butt rinsing and a towel for drying and changing. The tub of water worked out great. In fact, it became the favorite adventure for little chazzy chazz. He loved sitting in the tub more than anything else.


nu=3355>6;2>692>WSNRCG=334232:344336nu0mrj.jpg">








Of course, he also found many other ways to get dirty as well:
  • Dragging Aunts and Grandparents to the food tent to get cookies.
  • Begging brownies with white frosting.
  • Climbing up onto dusty pavilions.
  • Climbing into paddleboats.
  • Falling down on dirt roads.

The nice thing is, I know that he enjoyed it more and more with every bit dirtier he got.

Did you have a nice holiday?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my that's looks like fun, if only my big 'o butt could fit in a tub like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics of him in the tub are the cutest thing I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete