Friday, April 23, 2010

Charlie is...a punk rocker...

What an adventure in uncleanliness today has been.

It started when I picked Charles up from Daycare. All the kids got together and painted a washer box and a dryer box. They did a great job, and even though Charles was covered in paint, it was adorable. He did a super excellent job of turning himself into a punk rocker. Charles kind of looks like Johnny Rotten anyway, but today he was extra punk with green and purple splotches added to his lovely locks. Ms. Connie, the daycare owner, apologized for what a mess Charles was, but I didn't really mind.

All the way home from daycare Charles was asking for cake. I new we didn't have any cake at home, so when we pulled into the driveway at the same time as Nathan, I suggested that we go out to dinner. I didn't want to disappoint Charles so of course we had to get a cookie sundae to split between the three of us. Normally Charles lets us feed him stuff like that, but not today. Today he wanted to do it himself. This meant that the little fella was covered in ice cream and chocolate syrup. When we got home, I knew he needed a bath.

Charles loves baths, so we headed up. He really wanted to sit on the potty, I let him but nothing happened. Nothing happened until he got into the bathtub and was in the middle of playing. I have fallen in love with Clorox disinfectant wipes, and I was using them to clean the rest of the bathroom while Charles was in the bathtub. This came to an abrupt stop when Charles had "That look" on his face. Just as I was asking him if he had to go potty, a giant log of poop appeared in the bathtub. It wasn't a little baby poop. It was a man poop. I quickly yanked Charles out of the tub and called for Nathan. Of course, Charles's hair had just been sudsed up with shampoo.

I asked Nathan to take Charles into his shower to rinse off. Charles refused to go with him. Instead he decided to pee all over the floor...three times.

Finally, when I agreed to go with him, Charles went into the "man shower." I thought that nothing could be grosser than a bathtub with a huge log of poo in it. I was wrong. The man shower, and the man bathroom in general, is much grosser than the poop bathtub. Of course, Charles loved being in the man filth. I cleaned him up as quickly as possible and sent him down to daddy with his jammies.

I finally attacked both bathrooms with cleaning products. The bathtub got filled with bleach water. Bath toys have been thrown away. I disinfected the entire bathroom floor. I hosed down the man shower with some really toxic smelling chemicals. As of right now, they are all soaking. I will attack again tomorrow after more cleaning products are purchased. I guess maybe the man bathroom has to be cleaned more than once a year. GEESH! COME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment