Thursday, July 30, 2009

Are you a Dave Bennett or an OJ

Long long ago, in the year of 1995, I went to the prom with Dave Bennett. The situation that lead us to go to the prom together was a little odd, and we definitely went "as just friends." My family, well mostly my grandma, got a little too excited that their little Catherine was going on a date. My grandma was sure I was not only dating Dave Bennett, but that we were in love. I think it broke her heart when I revealed that we weren't in love. She was very upset and she told me that I could either marry someone like Dave Bennett or I could marry someone like OJ Simpson (this was right after he murdered his wife, not when he was a popular athlete/actor). That idea has made me giggle for years. It makes me giggle because there is such a big range between marrying the preppiest, politest guy ever and marrying a murderous ex-athlete.

I was talking to the hubby last night and we decided that he was somewhere in between OJ and Dave Bennett. We decided that there should be a questionaire you can take to tell you what degree of Dave Bennett you are. I don't know how to set up Facebook Quizzes, so here are the questions, you will have to grade it yourself.

1. You killed your wife, how did you do it?

a. With kindness and a cheerful attitude
b. With a knife.

2. How did your sports career end?

a. From Pnenomia after T-Ball.
b. From injuries after a long professional career.

3. What kind of pants would you wear with a cream sweater vest with red trim?

a. Red Chordaroy.
b. Black Leather.

4. How do you feel about the naked gun movies?

a. Hilarious.
b. Great Acting.

5. How do you decorate your home?

a. With tasteful modern art pieces placed in a very artistic way.
b. With stolen sports memorabilia.

6. How did you wear your hair when you were young?

a. With a lovely wave in the front. Not quite flock of seagulls, but close.
b. Afro.

7. Are you a neat freak?
a. Yes.
b. No, I leave my bloody leather gloves everywhere.

If all your answers are A, you are 100% Dave Bennett. Maybe my grandma was right. Maybe there are only two types of men in the world. Or maybe you are Dave Bennett and you found my blog. In that case, hi Dave, how are you doing? Tell Carri and the girls I said HI!

If your answers contained 1-2 Bs you are 71% Dave Bennett. Sure, my grandma would think you were a good catch, but she probably wishes you were just a little bit more Bennett.

If your answers contained 3-4 Bs you are 50% Dave Bennett. You seem like a good guy, but a girl never know when you are going to flip out and be violent.

If your answers contained 5-6 Bs you are 29% Dave Bennett. You might have lovely fashion sense and a nice sense of style, but deep down you are a cold blooded killer.

If your answers were all Bs you ARE an OJ Simpson. You have NO chance of impressing my grandma.

What type of person are you?

ps: For those of you who don't know Dave Bennett from GBHS, U of M Flint, or from being my friend Carri's husband, shame on you. How could you not know Dave Bennett. Anyway, he is a buddy of mine who is a wonderful person and is the exact opposite of OJ Simpson.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha OMG! That is so freaking funny! Dave was a good guy! I went with him to Homecoming senior year. I will always remember Dave for his hair and his colored pants. He was fun. Why isn't Dave on Facebook???? I thought I saw him at the Valley a while back pushing a stroller.

    ReplyDelete