Saturday, July 13, 2013

OK, OK, I will join your book club!

It has been a LONG time since I posted a blog, but I just had to since I remembered that my last post 2 years ago was about NOT wanting to join a book club...and now I have gone and joined a book club.  Maybe this signals the revival of Rockin' like Chocken.

I recently met a few new friends that are members of a book club.  A month or so ago they invited me to see The Great Gatsby with them and their book club friends.  Their book club friends all seemed very nice.  The movie was beautiful.  I generally knew what was going on because I read the book in high school.

Fast forward a month and they asked me to join their book club.  I took time to really obsess about this invitation.  I like to read, but I don't read much.  I don't like to discuss literary stuff, I just care about the story.  BUT, the people seemed really nice, so after the appropriate amount of obsession time, I decided to attend the book club.

It was a delight.  They didn't even tell me what the book was until I got there, but it was still a delight.  It was nice to sit with a group of women and just discuss life.  They discussed aspects of their lives as they related to the book.  There were also great snacks and entertainment as the resident toddler danced around the room for us.

Overall, a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment